Berkeley CA - (Registration Open)
October 27th - 30th 2009
Mihály Csíkszentmihályi Professor of Psychology & Management
Claremont Graduate University [California, USA]
JoAnn Kuchera-Morin Director, Allosphere Research Laboratory
Nanosystems Institute [California, USA]
Jane Prophet Professor of Interdisciplinary Computing
Goldsmiths University of London [London, UK]
CONFERENCE THEMES AND TOPICS
The Creativity and Cognition Conference series started in 1993 and is sponsored by ACM SIGCHI. The conference provides a forum for lively interdisciplinary debate exploring methods and tools to support creativity at the intersection of art and technology. This year submissions from academics and practitioners, makers and scientists, artists and theoreticians will be presented.
This year's broad theme of Everyday Creativity reflects the new forms of creativity emerging in everyday life, and includes topics of:
* Collective creativity and creative communities
* Shared languages and participatory creativity
* Incubating creativity and supporting Innovation
* DIY and folk creativity
* Democratising creativity
* New materials for creativity
* Enriching the collaborative experience
Accepted submissions include the following forms of work:
* Empirical evaluations by quantitative and qualitative methods
* In-depth case studies and ethnographic analyses
* Reflective and theoretical accounts of individual and collaborative practice
* Principles of interaction design and requirements for creativity support tools
* Educational and training methods
* Interdisciplinary methods, and models of creativity and collaboration
* Analyses of the role of technology in supporting everyday creativity
Yasmin_announcements mailing list
Yasmin URL: http://www.media.uoa.gr/yasmin
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE: click on the link to the list you wish to subscribe to. In the page that will appear ("info page"), enter e-mail address, name, and password in the fields found further down the page.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE: on the info page, scroll all the way down and enter your e-mail address in the last field. Enter password if asked. Click on the unsubscribe button on the page that will appear ("options page").
HOW TO ENABLE / DISABLE DIGEST MODE: in the options page, find the "Set Digest Mode" option and set it to either on or off.