Now we are ending this first week of post and discussion, i would like to
share a brief summary from all of your thoughts and ideas. I made a short
list from your answers. So, for a scientist art/sci helps to:
- Define what is science.
- Include our ideology to understand reality: One single True Vs Shared
- To include dialogue in the knowledge process.
- To think about labels/frontiers.
Enrich our science practice/disruptive thinking:
- See the same problem from a Novel perspective.
- To make scientific discoveries that would not otherwise be made.
- To develope more rich research.
Include social aspect to research:
- Include science context, as context is science.
- Public understanding of science.
- Public engagement.
- Citizen Science.
- Ethical perspective.
Crisis of representation:
- Develop Visualization and sonification techniques.
- Understand multidimensional data.
- Build cognitive models.
- New methods for data representation.
Educational issues/crisis of the academia:
- Most of we had an open education in the early stages, which is
transdisciplinary. Art/Sci helps to develope this early state education.
- Art/Sci helps to enhance the expresion of wonder.
- Enthusiasm has been muted by rigid Academies. To enhance Enthusiasm.
- To be a scientis by day/artist at night. Multidimensional education.
Please, don´t read this as a closed lits. For sure we can add more items,
and sections. This is only a sumary, not the only one, just th eone that i
can make it with friday afteroon time ;-) I inviate to all of you to
develop this list with more and more items.
Yasmin_discussions mailing list
Yasmin URL: http://www.media.uoa.gr/yasmin
SBSCRIBE: click on the link to the list you wish to subscribe to. In the page that will appear ("info page"), enter e-mail address, name, and password in the fields found further down the page.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE: on the info page, scroll all the way down and enter your e-mail address in the last field. Enter password if asked. Click on the unsubscribe button on the page that will appear ("options page").
TO ENABLE / DISABLE DIGEST MODE: in the options page, find the "Set Digest Mode" option and set it to either on or off.
If you prefer to read the posts on a blog go to http://yasminlist.blogspot.com/