We thought we would keep the discussion going on with rick rinehart
and job ippolito - but
it would be great if some of you would jump into the discussion
Chapter 13 of the book ( http://re-collection.net/ ) is titled Only
You Can Prevent the
End of History and proposes a twelve step program to future proofing
1. Curators: update your acquisition policy
2.Conservators: Move out of the warehouse into the gallery
3. Archivists: modernise your metadata
4. Collection Management: renovate your database
5.Institutions: Start collecting new media
6. Programmers: connect data across insitutions
7.Lawyers; Help the arts find progressive approaches to copyright
8. Creators: save as in open a format as possible
9. Dealers: Invent New Economic Models
10. Sponsors: Fund the preservation of the born-digital culture
11.Academics: Educate, Engage, Debate
12. Historians; Challenge convention wisdom about social memory
I am sure that among the 2000 people on the YASMIN list we have
yasminers in every one of these professions ! It would be great to
have anecdotes and recommendations !
Yasmin_discussions mailing list
Yasmin URL: http://www.media.uoa.gr/yasmin
SBSCRIBE: click on the link to the list you wish to subscribe to. In the page that will appear ("info page"), enter e-mail address, name, and password in the fields found further down the page.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE: on the info page, scroll all the way down and enter your e-mail address in the last field. Enter password if asked. Click on the unsubscribe button on the page that will appear ("options page").
TO ENABLE / DISABLE DIGEST MODE: in the options page, find the "Set Digest Mode" option and set it to either on or off.
If you prefer to read the posts on a blog go to http://yasminlist.blogspot.com/