BOOK "META-PLASTICITY IN VIRTUAL WORLDS:AESTHETICS AND SEMANTICS CONCEPTS"
To be published by IGI Global:
Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word document) to:
Dr. Gianluca Mura (Editor)
Faculty of Industrial Design and Arts
Politecnico di Milano University
July 31,2009: Proposal Submission Deadline
July 31,2009: Notification of Acceptance
September 30,2009: Full Chapter Submission
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before July
31, 2009, a 2-3 page chapter proposal clearly explaining the mission
and concerns of his or her proposed chapter.
Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by July 31, 2009 about
the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines.
Full chapters are expected to be submitted by September 30, 2009.
All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review
basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for
Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically(Word document)
The concept of virtual worlds is strongly related to the current
innovations of new media communication. This book offers an
interdisciplinary approach to virtual world studies focused on
aesthetics and semantics principles from science,technology,media arts
and design. It is important for researchers and practitioners
interested in this area to understand the actual criteria for creating
virtual worlds' as well as their further evolution, regarding system
architecture,information visualization and human interaction.
Objective of the Book
This book gives in-depth coverage of the state-of-the-art among the
best international research experiences of virtual world concept
creations from a wide range of media culture fields, at the edge of
artistic and scientific inquiry and emerging technologies. It will be
written for professionals, researchers, artists and designers who want
to improve their understanding of the strategic role of virtual worlds
within the development of digital communication.
The target audience of this book will be composed of professionals and
researchers, designers, artists, and creative developers, working in
various fields (e.g. information and communication sciences, art and
design, education, psychology, sociology, neurosciences, computer
science, and information technology). Moreover, the book will provide
insights and support to innovative and creative studies concerned
with the development of virtual worlds within different types of
working and research communities.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Virtual world projects, concepts, methodologies in
design,arts&humanities,science and technology
- Virtual reality,augmented and mixed reality studies and applications
- Human computer interaction and user interfaces studies and applications
- Human issues in virtual worlds
- Social communities in virtual worlds
- User generated 3D content
- Innovative 3D graphics,Web,Web3D,multimedia studies and applications
- Advanced interfaces and Interactive 3D immersive systems
- Real-time interactive networked media in Mobile mixed reality
- Wearable interfaces and tangible interfaces for 3D media
- Online videogames and edutainment projects
- Virtual worlds in education and training
- Virtual heritage projects
- Animated humanoid (avatars),virtual life,body and mind
- 3D modelling,animation,simulation studies and applications
- Information visualization within arts and scientific visualization
- Virtual worlds in industrial systems design
- Artwork,performances,installations media arts concepts and projects
- Imaginary and creative virtual worlds
- Digital Communication Systems: Platforms,technologies and standards
- Space,Time and Place: Mixed realities in Virtual Worlds
- Body and Mind Extensions. Senses,Cognition and Emotions in Virtual Worlds
- Virtual Worlds of Information Cyberworlds
- Architecture and Landscape in Virtual Worlds
- Cultural Heritage in Virtual Worlds
- Games and Edutainment Virtual Worlds
- Virtual Worlds for Enterprises
- Social Communities in Virtual Worlds
- Semantic Virtual Worlds
Yasmin_announcements mailing list
Yasmin URL: http://www.media.uoa.gr/yasmin
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE: click on the link to the list you wish to subscribe to. In the page that will appear ("info page"), enter e-mail address, name, and password in the fields found further down the page.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE: on the info page, scroll all the way down and enter your e-mail address in the last field. Enter password if asked. Click on the unsubscribe button on the page that will appear ("options page").
HOW TO ENABLE / DISABLE DIGEST MODE: in the options page, find the "Set Digest Mode" option and set it to either on or off.